We welcome you and your child to the family of St Joseph’s.
We are a one form entry Catholic Primary School, with full time nursery and reception classes, situated in the heart of London, just off Drury Lane. Christ is the reason for our school, the unseen but ever present teacher in our classes, the model for our children, and the inspiration for our staff. We delight to be a living part of the body of the Catholic Church, convinced that our school can truly succeed only if there is a partnership between the school, home and Parish.
Our aim is to provide a high quality education founded on Christian principles, recognising the needs of each individual and valuing the contribution of the wider community. We value each other’s cultural inheritance, diversity of language and beliefs. We aim to develop the whole child – socially, emotionally, creatively, physically, academically and spiritually in an environment that is safe, calm and challenging.
We have high expectations for all children and work hard to ensure that they meet their full potential by delivering a broad and rich curriculum which provides children with the opportunity to explore, enquire and reflect at each stage of their learning journey.
Whilst we acknowledge the crucial role that schools play in a child’s development we believe that the most important teachers in a child’s life are their parents. We therefore actively encourage parents to involve themselves in the learning of their child and in the life of our school family. We aim to provide a welcoming atmosphere, which encourages parents to come and discuss any matters concerning their child’s progress and welfare.
A mission statement says what the school promises to do for it’s children and what we must do for each other.
- In our family we care for each other, learning together through Jesus.
- Our Mission statement says that we are all special and everyone of us is part of the family of St Josephs’s.
- Our Mission statement expects us to care for each other.
- Our Mission statement says that we are all learning together everyday and expects us to do our best so that we and others can achieve our full potential.
- Our Mission statement encourages us to communicate with our friend , Jesus through prayer and to love each other as he loves us.